What is Your Desire?


What is Your Desire?.

Your desire is what you long for, what or whom you long to be with. Your desire is where your heart is. Your desire is your greatest treasure and will be your reward.

(Matthew 6:21 NKJV) “For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.

God knows the desires of our heart, He is always looking into your heart to see if you desire Him..

(1 Chronicles 28:9 NKJV) “As for you, my son Solomon, know the God of your father, and serve Him with a loyal heart and with a willing mind; for the LORD searches all hearts and understands all the intent of the thoughts. If you seek Him, He will be found by you; but if you forsake Him, He will cast you off forever.

(Psalms 38:9 NKJV) Lord, all my desire is before You; And my sighing is not hidden from You.

There is a danger of falling away from God without even knowing it. It happens when our desire is no longer directed toward God. Although we may still go through religious motions, our heart can be far from God. When this happens we our deceiving ourselves with head knowledge, instead of a heart felt desire for God.
(Isaiah 29:13 NKJV) Therefore the LORD said: “Inasmuch as these people draw near with their mouths And honor Me with their lips, But have removed their hearts far from Me, And their fear toward Me is taught by the commandment of men,

(2 Timothy 3:1-7 NKJV) But know this, that in the last days perilous times will come: {2} For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, {3} unloving, unforgiving, slanderers, without self-control, brutal, despisers of good, {4} traitors, headstrong, haughty, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, {5} having a form of godliness but denying its power…. {7} always learning and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.

(2 Chronicles 15:12-15 NKJV) Then they entered into a covenant to seek the LORD God of their fathers with all their heart and with all their soul; {13} and whoever would not seek the LORD God of Israel was to be put to death, whether small or great, whether man or woman. {14} Then they took an oath before the LORD with a loud voice, with shouting and trumpets and rams’ horns. {15} And all Judah rejoiced at the oath, for they had sworn with all their heart and sought Him with all their soul; and He was found by them, and the LORD gave them rest all around.

What you desire is your object of worship. If your greatest desire is anything less than God then you are in idolatry.
(Psalms 24:3-5 NKJV) Who may ascend into the hill of the LORD? Or who may stand in His holy place? {4} He who has clean hands and a pure heart, Who has not lifted up his soul to an idol, Nor sworn deceitfully. {5} He shall receive blessing from the LORD, And righteousness from the God of his salvation.

(Psalms 25:1-2 NKJV) To You, O LORD, I lift up my soul. {2} O my God, I trust in You; Let me not be ashamed; Let not my enemies triumph over me.

(Psalms 143:8 NKJV) Cause me to hear Your lovingkindness in the morning, For in You do I trust; Cause me to know the way in which I should walk, For I lift up my soul to You.

Your desire is where you place your faith, hope, and love; it is where you expect that your desire will be satisfied.
(Psalms 62:5-8 NKJV) My soul, wait silently for God alone, For my expectation is from Him. {6} He only is my rock and my salvation; He is my defense; I shall not be moved. {7} In God is my salvation and my glory; The rock of my strength, And my refuge, is in God. {8} Trust in Him at all times, you people; Pour out your heart before Him; God is a refuge for us. Selah

(Jeremiah 17:7-8 NKJV) “Blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD, And whose hope is the LORD. {8} For he shall be like a tree planted by the waters, Which spreads out its roots by the river, And will not fear when heat comes; But its leaf will be green, And will not be anxious in the year of drought, Nor will cease from yielding fruit.

(Psalms 63:1-4 NKJV) O God, You are my God; Early will I seek You; My soul thirsts for You; My flesh longs for You In a dry and thirsty land Where there is no water. {2} So I have looked for You in the sanctuary, To see Your power and Your glory. {3} Because Your lovingkindness is better than life, My lips shall praise You. {4} Thus I will bless You while I live; I will lift up my hands in Your name.

(Psalms 63:8) My soul clings to You; Your right hand upholds me.

(Psalms 73:25-28 NKJV) Whom have I in heaven but You? And there is none upon earth that I desire besides You. {26} My flesh and my heart fail; But God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. {27} For indeed, those who are far from You shall perish; You have destroyed all those who desert You for harlotry. {28} But it is good for me to draw near to God; I have put my trust in the Lord GOD, That I may declare all Your works.

God responds to people that desire Him with their whole heart, those that hunger and thirst for Him and His righteousness. A person must first come to the humble revelation that they are spiritually wretched, miserable, poor, blind, and naked. This revelation comes through the anointing of the Holy Spirit that opens our eyes so that we can see ourselves in the light of God’s holiness; or through situations and circumstances that bring us to our knees.
(Jeremiah 22:21 NKJV) I spoke to you in your prosperity, But you said, ‘I will not hear.’ This has been your manner from your youth, That you did not obey My voice.

(Lamentations 3:40-41 NKJV) Let us search out and examine our ways, And turn back to the LORD; {41} Let us lift our hearts and hands To God in heaven.

(Matthew 5:3 NKJV) “Blessed are the poor in spirit, For theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

(Matthew 5:6 NKJV) Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, For they shall be filled.

(Luke 6:20-21 NKJV) Then He lifted up His eyes toward His disciples, and said: “Blessed are you poor, For yours is the kingdom of God. {21} Blessed are you who hunger now, For you shall be filled. Blessed are you who weep now, For you shall laugh.

(Isaiah 55:1-3 NKJV) “Ho! Everyone who thirsts, Come to the waters; And you who have no money, Come, buy and eat. Yes, come, buy wine and milk Without money and without price. {2} Why do you spend money for what is not bread, And your wages for what does not satisfy? Listen carefully to Me, and eat what is good, And let your soul delight itself in abundance. {3} Incline your ear, and come to Me. Hear, and your soul shall live; And I will make an everlasting covenant with you; The sure mercies of David.

(Revelation 3:15-22 NKJV) “I know your works, that you are neither cold nor hot. I could wish you were cold or hot. {16} “So then, because you are lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will vomit you out of My mouth. {17} “Because you say, ‘I am rich, have become wealthy, and have need of nothing’; and do not know that you are wretched, miserable, poor, blind, and naked; {18} “I counsel you to buy from Me gold refined in the fire, that you may be rich; and white garments, that you may be clothed, that the shame of your nakedness may not be revealed; and anoint your eyes with eye salve, that you may see. {19} “As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten. Therefore be zealous and repent. {20} “Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and dine with him, and he with Me. {21} “To him who overcomes I will grant to sit with Me on My throne, as I also overcame and sat down with My Father on His throne. {22} “He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches.”‘ ”

If we desire the desire, to desire God above all else, then He can change our heart to desire Him more than life itself.
(Jeremiah 24:7 NKJV) ‘Then I will give them a heart to know Me, that I am the LORD; and they shall be My people, and I will be their God, for they shall return to Me with their whole heart.

(Jeremiah 32:38-40 NKJV) ‘They shall be My people, and I will be their God; {39} ‘then I will give them one heart and one way, that they may fear Me forever, for the good of them and their children after them. {40} ‘And I will make an everlasting covenant with them, that I will not turn away from doing them good; but I will put My fear in their hearts so that they will not depart from Me.

(Ezekiel 11:19-21 NKJV) “Then I will give them one heart, and I will put a new spirit within them, and take the stony heart out of their flesh, and give them a heart of flesh, {20} “that they may walk in My statutes and keep My judgments and do them; and they shall be My people, and I will be their God. {21} “But as for those whose hearts follow the desire for their detestable things and their abominations, I will recompense their deeds on their own heads,” says the Lord GOD.

(Amos 8:11-12 NKJV) “Behold, the days are coming,” says the Lord GOD, “That I will send a famine on the land, Not a famine of bread, Nor a thirst for water, But of hearing the words of the LORD. {12} They shall wander from sea to sea, And from north to east; They shall run to and fro, seeking the word of the LORD, But shall not find it.

(Haggai 2:6-7 NKJV) “For thus says the LORD of hosts: ‘Once more (it is a little while) I will shake heaven and earth, the sea and dry land; {7} ‘and I will shake all nations, and they shall come to the Desire of All Nations, and I will fill this temple with glory,’ says the LORD of hosts. Christ is the Desire of all nations but they do not all realize it yet.

(Psalms 37:4-6 NKJV) Delight yourself also in the LORD, And He shall give you the desires of your heart. {5} Commit your way to the LORD, Trust also in Him, And He shall bring it to pass. {6} He shall bring forth your righteousness as the light, And your justice as the noonday.

(Psalms 10:17-18 NKJV) LORD, You have heard the desire of the humble; You will prepare their heart; You will cause Your ear to hear, {18} To do justice to the fatherless and the oppressed, That the man of the earth may oppress no more.

(Psalms 27:3-4 NKJV) Though an army may encamp against me, My heart shall not fear; Though war should rise against me, In this I will be confident. {4} One thing I have desired of the LORD, That will I seek: That I may dwell in the house of the LORD All the days of my life, To behold the beauty of the LORD, And to inquire in His temple.

(Psalms 27:8 NKJV) When You said, “Seek My face,” My heart said to You, “Your face, LORD, I will seek.”

(Psalms 107:9 NKJV) For He satisfies the longing soul, And fills the hungry soul with goodness.

(Psalms 145:14-16 NKJV) The LORD upholds all who fall, And raises up all who are bowed down. {15} The eyes of all look expectantly to You, And You give them their food in due season. {16} You open Your hand And satisfy the desire of every living thing.

(Proverbs 16:9 NKJV) A man’s heart plans his way, But the LORD directs his steps.

(Luke 10:40-42 NKJV) But Martha was distracted with much serving, and she approached Him and said, “Lord, do You not care that my sister has left me to serve alone? Therefore tell her to help me.” {41} And Jesus answered and said to her, “Martha, Martha, you are worried and troubled about many things. {42} “But one thing is needed, and Mary has chosen that good part, which will not be taken away from her.”

(Galatians 5:24-25 NKJV) And those who are Christ’s have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. {25} If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.

(2 Timothy 4:2-4 NKJV) Preach the word! Be ready in season and out of season. Convince, rebuke, exhort, with all longsuffering and teaching. {3} For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine, but according to their own desires, because they have itching ears, they will heap up for themselves teachers; {4} and they will turn their ears away from the truth, and be turned aside to fables.

(James 1:13-15 NKJV) Let no one say when he is tempted, “I am tempted by God”; for God cannot be tempted by evil, nor does He Himself tempt anyone. {14} But each one is tempted when he is drawn away by his own desires and enticed. {15} Then, when desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and sin, when it is full-grown, brings forth death.

(James 4:8-10 NKJV) Draw near to God and He will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners; and purify your hearts, you double-minded. {9} Lament and mourn and weep! Let your laughter be turned to mourning and your joy to gloom. {10} Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and He will lift you up.

(Revelation 22:17 NKJV) And the Spirit and the bride say, “Come!” And let him who hears say, “Come!” And let him who thirsts come. Whoever desires, let him take the water of life freely.
Image may contain: one or more people

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Did God die? If Jesus was God, and Jesus died on the cross, does that mean God died?"

Has Satan been given dominion over the earth until Jesus returns? If so, why was he given this authority?

What is the meaning of the eternal Sonship of Jesus?